For two decades, John has distinguished himself as a leader, educator and practitioner in the fields of personal finance, risk management and comprehensive financial planning applied in the context of both the individual and the small business. He particularly enjoys a focus on helping those who have loved, lost and who are in current transition as his own life's experience has drawn him close at heart with individuals who have faced and who are facing the grieving process due to loss of a loved one. Helping to safeguard this wonderful but somewhat vulnerable demographic from financial pitfalls and possible abuse is one of his core and highest professional aspirations.
His educational background includes the following degrees and professional designations:
- Master of Science of Financial Services degree (The American College of Financial Services, Bryn Mawr, PA).
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Chartered Financial Consultant
- Retirement Income Certified Professional
- Post-graduate executive education certificate in Retirement Income Planning (Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania).
- Bachelor of Arts, (Brigham Young University, Provo, UT).
In addition to his full-time work as as the Managing Partner at HERDT BRINKERHOFF, John enjoys volunteer work in his local Church and community. He previously filled roles at The Allstate Corporation, AXA EQUITABLE, The University of Utah and at The Horace Mann Companies.
John's greatest joy is his family. John and Wendy are the parents of three children and reside in Syracuse, Utah.