John has over 20 years experience working with individuals and small businesses as a financial advisor. He is a leader, educator and practitioner in the fields of personal finance, risk management and comprehensive financial planning.
John has watched several close family members and friends lose a loved one in difficult circumstances – his grandmother, sister and others became widows at very young ages. He is deeply aware of the many struggles these remarkable individuals face, and has determined to dedicate special focus, time and attention within his practice to serve and protect the interests of those who have similarly loved and lost. John knows the financial planning process is critical and especially important in lives disrupted by premature death of loved ones and other tragic difficulties at times during life’s varied experience.
John has been an educator for many years and is passionate helping others understand the financial complexities they may encounter. He has held an educator role at The University of Utah and continues to hold classes for clients and in the community, desiring to provide good honest information.
His educational background includes the following degrees and professional designations:
- Master of Science of Financial Services degree (The American College of Financial Services, Bryn Mawr, PA).
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Chartered Financial Consultant
- Retirement Income Certified Professional
- Post-graduate executive education certificate in Retirement Income Planning (Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania).
- Bachelor of Arts, (Brigham Young University, Provo, UT).
In addition to his full-time work as the Managing Partner at HERDT BRINKERHOFF, John enjoys volunteer work in his local Church and community. He previously filled roles at The Allstate Corporation, AXA EQUITABLE, The University of Utah and at The Horace Mann Companies.
John's greatest joy is his family. John and Wendy are the parents of three children and reside in Syracuse, Utah.